14 July 2017

Having little, but still having it all!











Matt Cusson is an amazingly talented artist that your music library needs.

This song speaks to me and reminds me that value isn't all about money and dreams do take time, especially the ones fueled by passion and purpose. To me one of the best lyrics, and the one I relate to so well is "My wallet's a joke, but it's nice being broke next to you!" 


 Matt Cusson - "Next To You" via Youtube 

When I first heard this song, I said to my wife it was a cover and that's not Matt's style to cover. (I scoffed and had a snobby tone to about it, as if his talent owed me an original tune. 😏) So sad to say as a supporter I was a bit taken back by this move. Saddened by my thought the only medicine was to listen to this infectious tune a few more times. Then as I listened to it more and more, I smacked myself and said wait a minute, this isn't a cover, I heard him sing this song about two years earlier at one of his shows. The sound in this song has this instant classic and timeless feel to it, so I ate my words and kept it on repeat! So Matt if you're reading this, I'm sorry man, but thankful cause I forced me to listen to this until my mental memory pulled up the time and place! 😊 (Sidebar Matt does some incredible covers, but makes them his own. His sound is unique so you'll know his flavor when he adds it!) 

This song is a true artists life. It's the life of a creative, the person that has a purpose and not a traditional roadmap. Having the right person, and it only takes the right person to help you get through. When I listen to this song I cry, and my wife knows why. In simple terms, when you've been blessed with an amazing gift, yet you don't take the time to appreciate it, or you fall short of supporting it, you feel less than. I chew on these lyrics and dry my tears, now my plan is to remember my why!

I'm nothing without the love and continued support of the people God and the Universe alike have brought me to. My failures are lessons that taught me to want more, to give more and to love more.  With that I share this amazing tune and journey with you and I close with gratitude to My Mum and Claudia (May you both rest in continued peace, and I pray to do you proud.) Charmaine, Clewi and my immediate and extended blood family, my wife Yline, my social and global family and Matt Cusson his wife Lisa and the Cusson family! 

 More Matt Cusson here!  


No comments:

Post a Comment