06 July 2017

See what had happun was... and then, um,... ok let me start.

Entertainment is mah jam... I mean any and everything entertaining speaks to me. Today a customer came up to me and said I'm in town for work, and what not... then he said we go wherever they hire us, etc. So he continues to talk and he says I'm in town with the Wicked show. I'm silent and another customer chimes oh is that show great for kids 8 years or younger, to which the Gentleman replied, it's good, but not if they get easily scared. (To which my mind said this isn't for my kids.)

Now I'm sure many of you may have read this and may have been, like oh awesome the Musical is in town... oh noooooo, not me. It took me ner an hour to realise this cat was with the touring musical of Wicked! I was thinking is this a new Phish type group. I was thinking, I'm so out of it that a more senior customer was in the know on the kid's trends and I've got two of them. I felt so disconnected through the conversation, I sat there smiling as if to say... I'm with you but I'm not. All the while in my head, I'm wishing I could just google Wicked and see what this band plays. Was this a new Grande Bieber collaboration, what is it? I was soooooooooo worried that I lost my grip on the scene, that I almost belted out, ok look I have no idea what you're talking about, I'm just here for the cookies. I realised that would have been a tier down from the relationship we had built. I was sooooo confused...and ashamed...

So I came back to my office, after an hour still wondering what's this Wicked Band that's out there mashing up the waves and the scene and why am I not aware of them? As I began to type in google and the letters (WI...) I had the largest no way, moment or as you would say, Ah-ha! moment and totally said, man, I need to connect with this cat and tell him this hilarity. As I sat back and said, how did I miss that? How did I miss that HUGE moment? As a person created for Entertainment and lives off of it, (well not financially yet, but in time) I was like dude, bruh, homeslice, mijo, mah dude, how'd you miss that moment? I soon accepted that this was mine to miss!

Far too long I've been saying I want to, I need to, I hope to get back into Entertainment, but never said this is how. I've never laid out the plan, I just hope that someone will say, I like your energy, here's a job. Truth is, no matter how much you want to do something, or love doing it, it's still a business. I'm sad that I'm so disconnected for that which I love and it bothers me that I didn't pick up on that. I was the person at one time that had my hand on the pulse and knew what was happening all over in the world of entertainment for the region.

I leave you with this, you must always prepare for your next level, but don't wait for it!

When you wait for it, clearly it won't show up, but when you prepare for it, it will just be....If you love something set it free and it will come back if it's meant to be... Wait just let my passion die and it'll come back to me if it's meant for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment